- Saturday, May 05 6:30 AM-9:45 AM Packet Pick up & Walk Up Registration (race morning only): Must register AT LEAST 15 minutes prior to age/gender race heat. 7:45 AM-10:30 AM 1 Mile Timed Race - Wheelchair Division 8:00 AM-10:00 AM 1 Mile Timed Race 9:45 AM-10:00 AM 1 Mile Fun Run 10:00 AM-10:30 AM Award Ceremony: Overall & age group awards will presented. (Awards will not be shipped - please arrange for someone to grab yours if you place - thank you!)
The Market Street Mile is a flat, fast, certified 1 Mile race taking place in the heart of Downtown Chattanooga. A great race for all abilities! 1 Mile is a great distance for those looking to try their first ever race & the course is eligible for TN State Record setting by individual age for those looking to push the pace!
Join us Saturday, May 5th at Blue Water Grille parking lot at 224 Broad Street for a fun morning! All ages are welcome & encouraged to participate. Young runners will race in their own heat (parent/guardian may accompany 10 & under racers with a signed waiver).
NOTE: You MUST register by Friday, 4/13 if you wish to purchase a race t-shirt! Mail in paper entries must also be received by this date. Please mail earlier in the week if you wish to purchase a t-shirt via mail-in registration. Thank you! For printable paper entry click HERE.
To stay up to speed on race day plans, visit our Facebook Event Page and click ‘GOING’: https://www.facebook.com/events/175800736389651/
To see existing 1 mile state records:
- Female: http://www.staterunningrecords.com/asp/records.asp?action=processsearch&state=TN&distance=1%20Mile&sex=FEMALE
- Male: http://www.staterunningrecords.com/asp/records.asp?action=processsearch&state=TN&distance=1%20Mile&sex=MALE
- NOTE: State records exist at every age ranging from 2 years old to 89 (women) and 2 to 92 years (men)… A few years DO NOT currently have records listed! To be eligible for a TN state record, you MUST be a TN resident. EVERYONE is welcome and eligible to race for an Overall/age group win or a PR!
- To register, visit: www.racectc.org
- Online registration will be available until midnight on Thursday, May 3rd.
- Paper entry may be printed & mailed. Must be postmarked by Friday, April 27th.
- T-shirts may be purchased for $10 via registration until Friday, April 13th. A limited quantity will be available for purchase on race morning.
- Race day registration will be available beginning at 6:30 am next to Blue Water Grille. Walk ups MUST register AT LEAST 15 MINUTES prior to heat start time to ensure proper timing.
- Race day volunteers needed. If you can help – visit: www.volctc.org
- The Chattanooga Track Club is a non-profit, 501c3. We are eligible to sign off on ‘service hour’ requirements.
- $10.00 - 18 & Under (Wheelchair, Timed, Fun Run)
- $15.00 – 19 & Over (Wheelchair, Timed, Fun Run)
- NOTE: Timed racers may ALSO participate in the Fun Run at no additional cost. Please use same bib. Shoe chip required for timed race. NO SHOE CHIP required for Fun Run.
- DONATIONS: This year we would like to send our Race Team to represent Chattanooga at Cross Country Club Nationals in Spokane, WA. We are currently able to provide limited financial support and our team would GREATLY appreciate assistance with travel! Please consider making a small contribution – our team makes Chattanooga proud year after year at this event. We THANK YOU for your support! (Donations are tax deductible and acknowledgement letters will be sent after the Market Street Mile race occurs).
- Because we wish to keep this race low-frills, low-cost, this year’s t-shirts will be offered as an optional purchase. They will be a unisex, cotton/polyester blend. Adult sizes S-XXL. They will be $10.00 and MUST be purchased via registration by MIDNIGHT on FRIDAY April 13th. A very limited quantity will be available for purchase on race day. If you purchase a shirt but are unable to attend the race – please plan for a family member or fellow racer to grab your shirt. They will not be shipped. Thank you for your understanding.
- Packet pick up will be on race morning only from 6:30 AM – 9:30 AM. Racers must pick up their bibs and shoe chips for timed heats AT LEAST 15 minutes prior to start of their respective timed heats. Shoe chips are not needed for the untimed Fun Run.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 6:30 AM – Packet pickup & walk up registration begins
- 7:45 AM – 10 & Under Male & Female
- 8:00 AM – Wheelchair Male & Female
- 8:20 AM - 11 to 19 Male & Female
- 8:40 AM - 20 to 39 Female
- 8:55 AM - 20 to 39 Male
- 9:15 AM - 40 & Over Female
- 9:30 AM - 40 & Over Male
- 9:45 AM – Fun Run (not timed)
- 10:00 AM – Award Ceremony
- Top (1) Male and Female: Overall, Master, Grand Master, Senior Grand Master
- Top (1) Male and Female: 5 & Under, 6-10, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- The race begins on Market Street next to the Republic Parking Lot adjacent to Big River Grille. Runners will travel South on Market Street, take a right on to 8th Street, then head north on Broad Street back to the finish line adjacent to Big River Grille. This is a USATF certified 1 mile race course. Certification Map (TN17024MS): https://www.usatf.org/events/courses/maps/showMap.asp?courseID=TN17024MS
- There is plenty of metered parking in the Downtown Chattanooga area. Please note that as of 3/22/18 meters are enforced from 8:00 am to – 6:00 pm on Saturday. There are many on-street spots located on Broad/Market Street (and other adjacent streets) near the race’s start/finish.
- Please visit Chattanooga Parking’s website for more information on parking locations: