- Thursday, November 26 8:00 AM-9:45 AM 8k 8:00 AM-11:00 AM 8k
About the Race
Chattanooga's longest standing Thanksgiving road race returns this year with a number of adjustments taking COVID-19 safety concerns into consideration.
Given such unique requirements for this year, our 2020 event will take place at Camp Jordan on Thanksgiving Morning and will be limited to the main 8k event.
There will also be a Virtual Turkey Trot Challenge running for the month of November to give everyone another way to safely participate and enjoy this holiday month in a special way.
This historic family tradition road race and holiday event is hosted by the Chattanooga Track Club, The Kidney Foundation of Greater Chattanooga and Chattanooga's longest standing and most beloved sports club, the Sportsbarn!
Proceeds from our event support community running and fitness programs provided by the Chattanooga Track Club as well as community wellness and fiscal support programs provided by The Kidney Foundation of Greater Chattanooga.
This is all about health, community and fun, and you are providing great support for efforts in those regards when you and your family come out and start your Thanksgiving Morning with a full-on 8k!
UPDATED - November 23, 2020: COVID Modifications Guide
NOTE/Reminder: There will be no day of race registration
The 8k Race
- We will be making a number of adjustments so that we can have a great, fun and safe event
- Our event will be at Camp Jordan where we have sole access to the entire park
- We will utilize scheduled starts and will also start runners one at a time (time trial fashion) 1-3 seconds apart from each other to ensure safe social distancing while retaining an exciting race format for all participants
- The first time slot will be 8:00am and assigned start times may run up to 9:00am. Time slot is chosen during registration
- We will be sending out emails to everyone to select their start times as we get closer to the race and have a better feel for overall participation
- Waiting to select those start times will also enable runners who wish to start together or close to each other to pick their times accordingly
- Self-supported fluids are recommended, but we will have one aid station on the course that be staffed, but will be self-serve. Cups will be well separated to ensure runners only grab / touch their one cup.
- The course will be entirely within the Camp Jordan campus with ample signage and sentries.
- The course will be certified.
- Here is a fun fast-forward video run-through for everyone to check out the course. *Note the start has been since modified to exit at the top of the pavillion area to avoid starting and finishing runners from crossing paths.
- This WILL be a fast course, for all 8k runners looking for a PR!
- Bib pickup will be available race morning
- Volunteers will be masked
- also gloved when handling materials runners may touch such as bibs
- There will be no awards ceremony, but
- Results will be texted to each runner as they cross the finish line (be sure to register with your cell number to take advantage of this feature!)
- Results will be posted online shortly after the race via our FB account and the CTC web site
- Physical awards will be available for pickup at the CTC office a week or so after the event at scheduled times that will be posted and sent via email to all participants
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available at all physical stations
- Officers from the East Ridge Police Department will there to assist with traffic control and runner safety
- EMT will also be on site, as with all CTC races.
- More details to come as we get everything fully fleshed out.
- THERE WILL BE NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
323 Camp Jordan Parkway
East Ridge, TN 37412
AVAILABLE 10-14 DAYS POST RACE - In order to conserve costs and reduce waste this year when things have been so tight, we will wait to order shirts until registration has been closed and we know exactly how many shirts of each size we need. Also, there will be a $5.00 opt-out discount for anyone who already has all the shirts they need (and more). Shirts will be available for pickup at scheduled times at the CTC offices as soon as they arrive.
- 8K Race
- 1st Place Top Overall Winners for male and female
- 1st Place Top Overall Masters Winners for male and female
- Age Group Awards - 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place for male and female in the following age groups:
- 12 and under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
We will schedule opportunities for participants to pick up their physical awards at the CTC's new office on Dallas Road before the event and will post that schedule here as soon as we finalize it.
Due to safety concerns we will not host a formal Award Ceremony on Thanksgiving Morning. All swag and awards will be available for pick up after the event (more details will be shared with registrants).
Results will be texted to each participant (be sure to register with your cell phone number to be able to receive this text!) and should be available on the Sportsbarn Turkey Trot Facebook page and on the CTC web site by Thanksgiving afternoon or evening.
Thank you to the 2020 Sportsbarn Turkey Trot Sponsors: Vascular Institute Chattanooga, Warren & Griffin, Business Water Solutions, McKee Bakery, and Paula Palmer Homes.
- 8k Course Map - Here
Check back here from time to time - We will update this page with more information as the event gets closer.
If you have questions you want answered sooner, please use the form under the "Ask A Question" tab above or address an email to "turkeyTrot" at ChattanoogaTrackClub.org (using typical email address format: address@chattanoogaTrackclub.org).
2020 Sportsbarn Turkey Trot